Texas County and Local History
The items in this catalogue have been sold. This catalogue was issued in 2011, and is presented in full on our website as a courtesy to users and for reference purposes.
801. FISHER, O.C. It Occurred in Kimble. Houston: Anson Jones Press, 1937. 237  [1, colophon] pp., illustrations by Lonnie Rees. 8vo, original pictorial tan cloth. Spine sunned, edges and endpapers foxed with a few stains, offsetting from frontispiece to title page, else very good, unopened.
First edition, limited edition (500 copies, this copy not numbered). CBC 2825. Guns 722: “Scarce.” Herd 805. Includes many chapters on fighting Native Americans, as well as sections on “The Big Outlaw Roundup of ‘77,” “Outlaws and Trigger-Pulling,” “Some Early-Day Killings,” and “Creed Taylor.” TC 1123. $225
802. KIMBLE COUNTY HISTORICAL COMMISSION. Families of Kimble County, Volume 1. Junction: Shelton Press, 1985. 504 pp., numerous photographic illustrations, endpaper map, endpaper printed music. 4to, original brown cloth decorated in gilt. Minor insect stains to edges, else fine.
First edition. $75
803. Kimble County and the Llanos. N.p., n.d.  pp., numerous photographic illustrations. 8vo, original grey marble printed wrappers, stapled. Wrappers gently worn, minor stains to flyleaf, else fine.
CBC 2829. $45
804. Kimble County Historical Survey Committee. Recorded Landmarks of Kimble County. Junction: Kimble County Historical Survey Committee, 1971. 248 pp., numerous photographic illustrations. 4to, original black cloth with gilt-lettered spine and upper cover. Covers lightly bumped, gilt dull, else very good.
First edition. TC 1125. TLH, p. 46. $75
805. KING COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY. King County: Windmills & Barbed Wire. Quanah: Nortex, 1976. x, 465 pp., photographic and text illustrations, charts, map. 4to, original green cloth with gilt-lettered spine and upper cover. Cover lightly smudged. Fine.
First edition. TC 1126. TLH, p. 46. $40
806. NEW WORLD STUDY CLUB. Kinney County: Brackettville, Spofford, Ft. Clark. Brackettville: New World Study Club, 1947. 80 pp., photographic illustrations, advertisements. 4to, original blue printed wrappers, stapled. Bottom upper wrapper with small white spots, else very fine.
CBC 2847. Herd 1439. TC 1129. $35
807. RYAN, Robert H., Charles T. Clark & L.L. Schkade. An Economic Survey of Brackettville, Texas. Austin: Bureau of Business Research, University of Texas, 1963.  vi, 75 folios, charts, maps. 4to, original off-white printed wrappers, black cloth back strip. Foxing and slight discoloration to wrappers, corners bumped, else fine.
First edition. $25
808. COMMITTEE. SOUTH TEXAS STATE NORMAL DISTRICT. Kingsville Merits Your Consideration. Kingsville, ca. 1917. 48 pp., 6 folding maps, charts. 4to, original stiff purple wrappers. Wrappers discolored and stained, light chipping to spine, endpapers foxed, margins with some insect damage, else good.
First edition. Not in CBC. $65
809. GRAY, Mrs. R. D. Early Days in Knox County. New York: Carlton Press, 1963. 260 pp., 8 plates. 8vo, original black cloth with red-lettered spine. Covers lightly mildewed, shelf-slanted, fore-edges foxed, else good in worn and chipped d.j.
First edition. CBC 2890. TC 1134. $50
810. [MAP]. TEXAS. GENERAL LAND OFFICE. Knox County. [below title left] I, W.C. Walsh, Commissioner of the General Land Office, do herby certify that this Map is a true and correct copy of the Original Map now in use in this Office Compiled from official data [facsimile signature] W.C. Walsh Commissioner. [below title right] Copyright 1879. W.C. Walsh Commissioner of the General Land Office of the State of Texas. [lower left above neat line] Lithographed by August Gast & CoS New Process. St. Louis. St. Louis: Gast, 1879. Uncolored lithograph map mounted on poster board, neat line to neat line: 55 x 45.7 cm; overall sheet size: 60.5 x 50cm. Minor loss to edges with slight insect damage, small loss to lower right, not affecting image. $400
La Salle County
811. CASTO, Stanley D. Settlement of the Cibolo-Nueces Strip: A Partial History of La Salle County. Hillsboro: Hill Junior College Press, 1969. v  64 pp., photographic and text illustrations. 8vo, printed boards. Boards foxed and spotted, fore-edges foxed, else very good.
TC 1151. $50
812. CASTO, Stanley D. Settlement of the Cibolo-Nueces Strip: A Partial History of La Salle County. Hillsboro: Hill Junior College Press, 1969. Another copy, wrappers issue. 8vo, original color wrappers. Wraps sunned. Fine.
TC 1151. $50
813. LUDEMAN, A.M. La Salle County: South Texas Brush Country 1856-1975. Quanah: Nortex, 1975. viii  224 [11, index][1, blank] pp., photographic illustrations, endpaper map. 4to, original light green cloth with gilt-lettered spine and upper cover. A few tiny spots to upper cover, upper edge foxed, leaves bumped at fore-edges, else very fine.
TC 1150. $95
814. NEVILLE, A. W. The History of Lamar County. Paris: North Texas Publishing, 1937. 246 pp., endpaper map. 8vo, original brown cloth, gilt-lettered with county outline map and star on upper cover and spine. Light wear to binding, joints rubbed, endpapers lightly browned, light foxing to fore-edges, else very good.
CBC 2901 (erroneously dated 1931). Guns 1603: “Scarce.” Herd 1634: “Contains material on John Chisum and his early cattle drives.” TC 1139. $225
815. NEVILLE, A. W. The History of Lamar County. Paris: North Texas Publishing, 1937. Another copy, variant binding. 8vo, original soft leather, gilt-stamped with outline map and star on upper cover and spine. Spine and corners rubbed, light foxing to upper edge, else fine. $250
816. SCOTT, Evalyn Parrott. A History of Lamb County, Featuring Biographies of Pioneers. N.p., 1968. v [1, blank], 281 [1, blank] pp., photographic illustrations, endpaper map. 4to, original navy blue pictorial cloth, gilt-lettered on spine and upper cover. Binding rubbed and stained, gilt dulled, top corner bumped, bottom of upper cover dented, endpapers browned on margin (not affecting text), fore-edges foxed, else very good.
First edition. TC 1143. TLH, p. 47. $40
817. ELZNER, Jonnie Ross. Lamplights of Lampasas County, Texas. Austin: Firm Foundation Publishing, 1951.  ii  6-219 pp., photographic illustrations, maps. 8vo, original green gilt and black pictorial cloth. Binding spotted, boards with slight warp near top fore-edge, fore-edges slightly foxed, else fine. Inscribed and signed by author.
First edition. CBC 2923. Guns 676: “Has material on the Horrell-Higgins feud and other lawlessness.” Herd 763. $65
818. [MAP]. TEXAS. GENERAL LAND OFFICE. Map of Lampasas County. General Land Office Decr 1879. [bottom left above neat line] Copyright 1879, Wm C Walsh, Commissioner Genl Land Office State of Texas | I, W.C. Walsh Commissioner of General Land Office State of Texas, certify this to be a true and correct copy of the map now in use in this office and compiled from official data | Austin December 1879 [facsimile signature] W.C. Walsh [bottom center above neat line] Lithographed by August Gast & Cos New Process. St. Louis. St. Louis: Gast, 1879. Uncolored lithograph map mounted on poster board, neat line to neat line: 44.8 x 60.9 cm; overall sheet size: 46.8 x 63.9 cm. Several small tears along bottom edge of map with tape repairs on board verso, surface of map scratched and soiled, light scattered insect damage to blank margins of map sheet. $375
819. BOETHEL, Paul C. Colonel Amasa Turner: The Gentleman from Lavaca and Other Captains at San Jacinto. Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1963.  168 pp., portrait of Colonel Amasa Turner. 8vo, original black-lettered teal cloth. Fore-edges and endpapers foxed, else very fine in stained, sunned and price-clipped d.j. Inscribed by author to Dudley Dobie.
CBC 2938. TC 1154. $115
820. BOETHEL, Paul C. Sand in Your Craw. Austin: Von Boeckmann-Jones, 1959.  134 pp. 8vo, original turquoise pictorial cloth decorated in black. Head and foot of spine bumped, fore-edges lightly foxed, stain on top fore-edge affecting text margin only. Very good to fine in heavily chipped d.j. Signed by author.
First edition. CBC 2941. Guns 233: “Has information on murders, feuds, cattle rustling, and other lawlessness in Lavaca County.” TC 1156. $65
821. BOETHEL, Paul C. The Free State of Lavaca. Austin: Weddle Publications, 1977. vii [1, blank], 184 pp. 8vo, original navy blue cloth with gilt-lettered spine. Endpapers lightly foxed, else very fine in shelf-worn d.j. with small tears to foot and head of spine.
First edition. TLH, p. 48. $125
822. HALLETTSVILLE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AND AGRICULTURE. Hallettsville and Lavaca County. Hallettsville: Hallettsville Chamber of Commerce and Agriculture, n.d. Folding double-sided pamphlet with printed color map on one side, highlighting key locations of Hallettsville, surrounded by advertisements and color photographs. Second side includes smaller map, photographs, advertisements, and textual history of Lavaca County; overall: 43.4 x 27 cm; folded: 21.7 x 57 cm. Light wear. Very fine. $10
823. FULLER, Henry C. Adventures of Bill Longley, Captured By Sheriff Milton Mast and Deputy Bill Burrows, near Keatchie, Louisiana, in 1877, and Was Executed at Giddings, Texas, 1878. Nacogdoches: Baker Printing, n.d.  pp., advertisements. 8vo, original peach wrappers with photographic illustration, stapled. Wrappers lightly soiled and bumped, light foxing to fore-edges, else fine.
Not in CBC. Guns 783: “Scarce.” $135
824. JONES, Julia. Lee County: Historical and Descriptive. Houston: Gulf Coast Baptist Print, 1945. 69  pp. 16mo, original orange pictorial wrappers stamped in blank, stapled. Wrappers spotted and stained, light foxing to fore-edges, text browned, very good.
CBC 2959. TC 1168. $25
825. LEE COUNTY HISTORICAL SURVEY COMMITTEE. History of Lee County, Texas. Quanah: Lee County Historical Survey Committee, 1974. x, 458  pp., endpaper maps, photographic illustrations. 4to, original light blue gilt-lettered cloth. Minor bumps to binding, upper fore-edge foxed, insect stain to fore-edge, else fine.
First edition. TLH, p. 48. $95
DSRB Home | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Dorothy Sloan 2011