In chronological order after Following Bernhardt Wall.
113. [WALL, BERNHARDT]. Bruno's Garret: Second Exhibit of Etchings, Drawings and Watercolors Including a set of Portraits of Well Known Men by Bernhardt Wall [cover title]. 1915. 24 pp., black and white half-tone illustrations of 7 Wall etchings. 16mo, original white printed wrappers, stapled. Light marginal wear and browning to upper wrapper, otherwise near fine.
First edition. From the introductory essay: “A shirmish [sic] with acid, point and copper—a slight adventure in the romantic in the domain of etching,—just feeling around in subjects, methods and techniques. Copper, like an enemy attacked by the bayonet,—point and acids, and when there is a perfect victory and capitulation, it will make for an artistic whole, a triumph for the artist-attacker and a pleasure for the gallery tourist.” $75.00
114. IRVING, Washington. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. New York: Cheshire House, 1931.  63  pp., 6 etchings by Wall, wove paper. Binding dimensions: 28.6 x 20.2 cm. Original natural linen-covered boards, spine lettered in brown. Offsetting to title page, otherwise fine. Remains of fragile board slipcase.
Limited edition (#535 of 1200 copies). Following Bernhardt Wall, p. 27. $150.00
115. WALL, Bernhardt & Amelia Williams. Following General Sam Houston from 1793 to 1863: Etchings by Bernhardt Wall Limerock, Connecticut. Historical Sketches by Amelia Williams, Ph.D., Austin, Texas. Austin: Steck, . 252 pp., frontispiece portrait, illustrations (half-tone reproductions of Wall's etchings). 8vo, original tan decorative cloth. Slight outer wear especially to lower edge, d.j. present but chipped and rubbed.
Trade edition, with added descriptive text by Amelia Williams. $45.00
116. WALL, Bernhardt & Amelia Williams. Following General Sam Houston.... Austin: Steck, . 8vo, original tan decorative cloth. Moderate binding wear especially to corners, internally fine. Another copy of preceding, without d.j. $40.00
117. WALL, Bernhardt. Following Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865. New York: Wise-Parslow, . xix [1, blank] 17-415  pp., frontispiece, illustrations. 8vo, original tan cloth printed in blue. Joints frayed, spine a little loose, d.j. not present. 28 plates autographed in pencil by Wall.
First trade edition. Half-tone engravings of 298 of Wall's etchings with accompanying character sketches based upon his research. $75.00
118. WALL, Bernhardt. Following Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865. New York: Wise-Parslow, . Another copy of preceding. Some edgewear, front hinge broken, internally near fine in somewhat brown and worn d.j. $50.00
119. WALL, Bernhardt. Following Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865. New York: Wise-Parslow, . Another copy of preceding. Edgeworn, endpapers discolored, tattered d.j. $40.00
120. WALL, Bernhardt. Following Abraham Lincoln, 1809–1865. New York: Wise-Parslow, . Another copy of preceding. 8vo, original tan cloth printed in blue. Fine. D.j. not present. $30.00
DSRB Home | e-mail: email@example.com
Copyright Dorothy Sloan 2011