Copyright 2000- by Dorothy Sloan-Rare Books Inc. for all materials on this site. All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.
Pingenot Auction, Lot 259
259. [PUNITIVE EXPEDITION]. A small collection of
25 photographs and photographic postcards, mostly relating
to the Punitive Expedition of 1914-17 and the United States
military presence in South Texas. Generally approximately 8
x 12.5 cm (3 x 5 inches) and fine. Images include:
- 64th Motor Truck Company, Pershings
Force 1916-17. Fort Brown, Texas. Trucks line up in a
- Quadrangle, Fort Brown, Texas Dec. 1916.
Home of the 3rd and 16th U.S. Cavalry.
- Artillery of Mexican Army. 7 posturing
soldiers with a small artillery piece.
- Company Quarters at Fort Brown.
- A View of Fort Brown looking Towards the
- Fort Brown. Aerial panoramic view.
- [Soldiers at Mess]
- HORNE, W. H., Co. Drilling Infantry on the
Border. El Paso.
- KAVANAUGHS WAR POSTALS. Old Glory on
Border. Backed up by Fighting Men.
- [Group of three U.S. soldiers, five Mexican
children, and one burro next to a jacale].
- [Cavalry parade on a main street].
- Viewing the Slain of a Mexican
- [Artillery piece drawn by eight mules fording
and 13 others.