Copyright 2000- by Dorothy Sloan-Rare Books Inc. for all materials on this site. All rights reserved, including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form.
Texas County and Local History
The items in this catalogue have been sold. This catalogue was issued in 2011, and is presented in full on our website as a courtesy to users and for reference purposes.
926. CROCKET, George L. Nacogdoches. N.p., n.d.  12 folios. 4to, original grey wrappers, spiral bound. Wrappers faded, spiral binding cracked. A very good copy.
Scarce transcription of handwritten manuscript on the history of Nacogdoches. $150
927. ERICSON, Carolyn Reeves. Nacogdoches: Gateway to Texas. A Biographical Directory, 1773-1849. Fort Worth: Arrow/Curtis Printing, 1974. xxxix [1, blank], 248 pp., 5 photographic plates, maps, endpaper maps. 8vo, original red cloth. Light shelf wear, text browned, else fine. $55
928. ERICSON, Carolyn Reeves. The People of Nacogdoches County in the Civil War. Lufkin: Pineywood Printing, 1980. xv [1, blank], 307 [1, blank] pp., photographic illustrations. 4to, original brown gilt cloth. Very fine.
First edition. TC 1356. $85
929. FULLER, Henry C. A Texas Sheriff: A Vivid and Accurate Account of Some of the Most Notorious Murder Cases and Feuds in the History of East Texas, and the Officers Who Relentlessly Pursued the Criminals till They Were Brought to Justice and Paid the Full Penalty of the Law.... Nacogdoches: Baker Printing, 1931.  80 pp., photographic illustrations. 8vo, original orange wrappers with photographic illustration of Sheriff Spradley and his hound, stapled. Wrappers lightly worn and chipped, text browned, else very good.
First edition. Guns 784: “Scarce.... Tells about many Texas murders, including the one by Bill Mitchell of James Truitt, the result of one of Texas’ many feuds. The author also touches upon the Border-Wall-Broocks feud.” Rader 1505. $100
930. HALTOM, Richard W. The History of Nacogdoches County, Texas. Austin: Jenkins Publishing, n.d.  74  pp., advertisements. 8vo, original green cloth. Very fine in sunned and lightly worn pictorial d.j.
Facsimile edition. (First edition, CBC 3431). Cf. TC 1331. $75
931. NACOGDOCHES CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. The Old Stone Fort. [Nacogdoches], n.d. Mimeographed illustrated one-page sheet. Very good. $5
932. NACOGDOCHES HISTORICAL SOCIETY. Nacogdoches: Texas Centennial, 1716-1936. Nacogdoches: Redland Herald, . 23  pp., text illustrations. 8vo, original grey pictorial wrappers, stapled. Other than mild wear and browning of text, a fine copy.
CBC 3447. $25
933. SANDERS, J.B. The Postoffices [sic] and Post Masters of Nacogdoches County, Texas, 1845-1930. Center: Champion, 1964. 12 pp. 16mo, original green wrappers, stapled. Wrappers lightly browned, else very fine.
First edition. $25
934. STERNE, Aldophus. Hurrah for Texas: The Diary of Adolphus Sterne, 1838-1851, as Edited by Archie P. McDonald. Waco: Texian Press, 1969. xii  269 [1, blank] pp., frontispiece illustration. 8vo, original blue cloth with gilt-lettered spine. Other than slight foxing to edges, a fine copy in a pictorial d.j.
First edition. $50
935. Tourist Guide of Historic Nacogdoches. N.p., n.d. Broadside: 58 x 14 cm. Creased where formerly folded, mild browning to paper. Fine copy of an ephemeral piece.
Identifies key historical sites in and around Nacogdoches. $35
936. LOVE, Annie Carpenter. History of Navarro County. Dallas: Southwest Press, 1933. 278 [9, index] pp., tipped-on photographic frontispiece, 15 plates, maps, text illustrations. 8vo, original orange pictorial cloth. Spine rubbed and faded, endpapers browned, title page chipped, otherwise very good. Signed by author.
First edition, limited edition (#63 of 100 autographed copies). CBC 3471. Rader 2252. $75
937. NAVARRO COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY. Navarro County History, Volume Two. Corsicana: Navarro County Historical Society, 1978. 505 pp., numerous photographic illustrations, endpaper maps, advertisements. 4to, original light brown gilt cloth. Fine.
First edition. TLH, p. 58. $70
938. NEWTON COUNTY HISTORICAL COMMISSION (comp.). Glimpses of Newton County History. Burnet: Nortex, 1982.  291 [1, blank] pp., pictorial endpapers. 8vo, original green cloth with gilt-lettered spine. Very fine in lightly rubbed pictorial d.j.
First edition. TC 1366. TLH, p.58. $45
939. TEXAS STATEWIDE RECORDS PROJECT. Index to Probate Cases Filed in Texas. No. 176. Newton County, July 26, 1846-June 30, 1939. [San Antonio]: Texas Statewide Records Project, 1941.  pp., 23 folios, map. 4to, original blue printed wrappers, black cloth back strip, stapled. Wrappers slightly smudged and faded, else fine.
CBC 3488. TC 1368. $15
940. [MAP]. TEXAS. GENERAL LAND OFFICE. Nolan County. [below title left] I, W.C. Walsh, Commissioner of the General Land Office, State of Texas, do hereby certify that this is a true and correct copy of the Original Map now in use in this Office Compiled from Official data. [facsimile signature] W.C. Walsh Commissioner. [below title right] Copyright 1880 W.C. Walsh Commissioner of the General Land Office of the State of Texas. [above neat line] Lithographed by A. Gast & Co’s New Processes St. Louis. St. Louis: Gast, 1879. Uncolored lithograph map mounted on poster board, neat line to neat line: 61 x 45.7 cm; overall sheet size: 66.5 x 51.2 cm. Mild chipping and loss at edges, mild stains. $400
941. SWEETWATER JUNIOR HISTORIANS. Early Days-Nolan County: A Book of Readings, Volume 1. Sweetwater: Sweetwater High School, 1975.  52 folios, 6 photographic plates. 4to, original white wrapper with photographic illustrations, stapled. Spine cracked and reinforced with masking tape, text browned, good. $25
942. TEXAS STATEWIDE RECORDS PROJECT. Index to Probate Cases of Texas. No. 177. Nolan County, July 1, 1881–November 17, 1939. San Antonio: State-wide Records and Indexing Program, 1942.  pp., 25 folios, map of Nolan and surrounding counties. 4to, original blue printed wrappers, black cloth back strip, stapled. Wrappers slightly smudged and faded, else fine.
CBC 3498. TC 1375. $15
943. WADE, Lelia Jeanette. Our Community: Organization and Development of Nolan County. Sweetwater: Watson-Focht, 1960. x, 87 [1, blank] pp., photographic and text illustrations, map. 8vo, original blue gilt-decorated cloth. Shelf wear to binding, foxing to endpapers and page margins, else very good in foxed and chipped pictorial d.j. Inscribed by author.
First edition. CBC 3503. TC 1376. $50
944. BRISCOE, Eugenia Reynolds. City by the Sea: A History of Corpus Christi, Texas, 1519-1875. New York: Vantage Press, 1985. xii,  313 [1, blank] pp. 8vo, frontispiece map, text illustrations. Tail of spine bumped, a few faint fox marks on fore-edge, otherwise fine in shelf-worn and rubbed d.j. Inscribed by author to Kate Waters.
First edition. $75
945. CHABOT, Frederick C. Corpus Christi & Lipantitlan: A Story of the Army of Texas Volunteers, 1842. San Antonio: Artes Graficas, 1942. 76 pp., text illustrations, maps. 8vo, original cream printed wrappers. Wrappers lightly stained, unopened, else very fine in original mailer.
First edition. CBC 3514. $150
946. CLARK, Margaret Lasater. On This Bluff...Centennial History, 1867-1967. Corpus Christi: First Presbyterian Church, 1967. 190 pp., photographic and text illustrations, maps. 4to, original brown cloth. Light foxing to upper fore-edge and some margins, else very good in pictorial d.j. $20
947. CLINE, Joseph L. When the Heavens Frowned. Dallas: Mathis, Van Nort, 1946.  221 [1, blank] pp., 6 full-page photographic illustrations (part of pagination). 8vo, original brown gilt-stamped cloth. Other than light shelf wear, a fine copy in lightly worn pictorial d.j.
First edition. $160
948. CONNER, Vida Lee. Treasures Recovered From Spanish Galleon Wreck Off Padre Island. N.p.: J.A. Baldwin, 1969.  30  pp., text and pictorial illustrations. 8vo, original cream pictorial wrappers, stapled. Other than minor spotting to upper wrap, a fine copy.
First edition. $25
949. CORPUS CHRISTI CALLER TIMES. Corpus Christi: 100 Years. Corpus Christi: Caller-Times, 1952. 148 pp., 28 photographic plates. 8vo, original rose cloth. Fine in lightly scuffed pictorial d.j.
Not in CBC. $10
950. CORPUS CHRISTI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE. Sparkling City by the Sea: A Tour of Historic Downtown Corpus Christi, Texas. N.p., n.d. Folding double-sided pamphlet with small printed two-color map, photographic illustrations and textual descriptions of major historical sites; overall: 40.9 x 27.8 cm; folded: 20.4 x 9.4 cm. Light wear. Fine. $10
DSRB Home | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Dorothy Sloan 2011